Monday, November 2, 2009

When Family Visits, the Complexity of Life Fades Away

I've had an awesome family visit these last two days and especially yesterday. 

I have a LOT to do over the next few weeks, and truthfully, the visit wasn't the best timing for me.  But is it ever good timing to stop everything and ignore your responsibilities for awhile?  Not really - if you do, they certainly pile up higher, quicker don't they?

This particular visit, however, couldn't have come at a better time or have been as emotionally fulfilling.  Sometimes, the best thing you can do is take some time away from the rat race, stop, breathe and enjoy the people you grew up with - the people who, one time, knew you the best. 

No matter who you've become as an adult.  Being the baby in my family, I lived that very accurately growing up.  Then I had kids.  You can't be "the baby" in the house anymore and raise kids the way they need to be raised.  At least I can't.  It's not all about you (or me) anymore.  And that's the way it should be - people who don't get that never grow up, I don't think.

But anyway. 

We had so much fun bonding, sharing and laughing yesterday.  I'm tired, but energized too.  And the kids?  So much fun for them.  They are so sweet when they are with family - that purity that comes only with people they feel completely safe and secure with. 

Now, back to the grind.  Picture day today for Oldest!  Picture day Thursday for Youngest!  I need to fill out the order forms.  Does anyone else have trouble with this?  I don't want to waste money and over order - it's a school picture - can't really guarantee the outcome on that one, can we?  But, then again, what if it's one of those GREAT ones that you just want to eat with the cuteness?  And then I maybe haven't ordered enough. 

Decisions, decisions and no time left to decide!  LOVE that kind of pressure.  WWYD?  What would you do?  Let me know, we can compare notes!
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.