Thursday, November 5, 2009

Help! I'm a Blogging Buffoon!

Blogging definitely is having its mental health benefits for moi, but I'm getting the nagging feeling that I could be doing it better. 

I'm worried that I'm not quoting my sources right.  I'm going by my general recall as an English Major and my general recall of the Blue Book from my days as a lawyer, but I'm not entirely sure if citing sources is different in the electronic world.  I think to myself, "Self, it can't be that different, can it?  You use somebody else's words, you cite them.  If it's verbatim, you quote and cite.  You don't pass it off as your own.  It's as simple as that."  But still I worry.  Dammit.

I'm worried that I'm not twittering and re-tweeting enough and thanking others who re-tweet me enough.  I don't want to lose the good will of people who re-tweet me because I can't get to Twitter as much as I need to.

I'm worried that I'm not doing SEO enough and I'm not even sure what that is!  I don't know what an RSS feed means either.   

I think I need to put some copyright info on my site, but what the hell?  I have no idea how to do that.  I've heard things about putting your link in everything you write, but have no idea what that means. 

So what's the lesson here?  Either I need more hours in a day to learn or I NEED HELP, FRIENDS! 
Would any of my new cyber friends help a girl out?  Are there major mistakes I'm making e-socially or  e-source citing?  Do you have copyrighting, linking advice?  SEO advice?  What do people mean by "learn a little HTML?"  How do I beautify my site a little more?

Are there trustworthy sites about just this very thing?  Books that have step-by-step processes?  Like Blogging for Dummies, maybe?

Signed,
Feeling like I suck, need a tutorial
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.