Thursday, November 19, 2009

Puppies - Do They Reek or Rock?

**edited - I can't BELIEVE I spelled puppies wrong in the title this morning!  Signed, Really do know how to spell, just tired  :)

We've had the Puppy for one month.  In honor of her, I'm making a list (and checking it twice) about the Reasons Puppy Rocks and the Reasons Puppy Reeks.

Puppy Reeks
  1. I've lost 100 hours of productivity.  Can't get more annoying than that.
  2. I've lost around 60 hours of sleep.  So it actually can get more annoying than that.
  3. Teaching a 2 year old not to hit, kick, sit on or ride a 2 pound animal is a nightmare difficult.
  4. Teaching a 7 year old not to yell and scream at 2 year old over #3 is also a nightmare difficult.
  5. She kind of looks like a rat.  Especially when wet.
  6. Cleaning up puppy accidents is not my idea of a good time.
  7. Looks like besides #5 (though you never know what they're going to look like), I could have gone ahead and had that third child since the puppy hasn't been much easier.  A child would have at least given me 9 months to get my affairs in order and emotionally prepare.
  8. Parasites aren't fun to deal with.  They came along for the ride.
Puppy Rocks
  1. She's finally sleeping through the night, if 10:30-5:30 counts.  To say I'm not a morning person is an understatement.  As a matter of fact, I consider 5:30 am to be night. 
  2. The kids love her and she will teach them many, many lessons about responsibility.
  3. She's pretty cute, for a fluffy white rat.  I DID really love Templeton from Charlotte's Web.  In a gross, gluttonous kind of way.
  4. She's making it outside to do her business 75% of the time.  In a month, I guess that's acceptable.
  5. Puppy cuddles are pretty yummy.
  6. The parasites are gone and with them, the loose bowels.  HURRAY, me. 
Looks like the Reeks outweigh the Rocks.  BUT, based on #2 of the Rocks, we'll keep her.  I'm a sucker that way.  ;)

 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.