My first "tagging!" Thanks to Jen at Laughing at Chaos, who tagged me a few days ago as part of NaBloPoMo. Just a way to take a break from daily blogging for a month (say, in case I was at a meeting until 9:30pm last night and came home with no brain left, watching TV like a zombie instead of writing a new post) if necessary.
So here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here I go.
Sadly, I don't think I have 7 blogging friends yet to "tag." Pathetic little ol' me, huh? I've come up with 4.
1. My first career was as a Public Defender. Public Defense has daily surprises and gives one a multi-faceted skill set. Interestingly, it prepared me for being a mother, though I didn't realize it at the time. And my own kids don't smell like booze, which is a nice bonus.
2. In college, I skydived. The summer after college, I ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. Both times I couldn't get to a phone for a LONG time to call my parents and I nearly drove them to apoplexy waiting to know if I survived. I'm guessing karma's going to give me a good "nip" with this one and my kids will do something, someday just as terrifying for THEIR Mommy.
3. I need to drive to places in a circle. Instead of straight line to and from, I like to take two different routes to make a circle upon completion. I'm kind of embarassed to admit this.
4. I really like the Wiggles, but I miss Greg. Oddly, I'm proud to share this.
5. I've seen Our Lady Peace in concert 9 times as of the end of last month. Husband's seen them 11. I really like Our Lady Peace. Really. Like. Them.
6. I keep my Facebook account separate from this one. I wonder how long this can last?
7. My new career is community volunteer (turned blogger, now). It's extraordinarily hard for me to say no to a worthy (IMO) volunteer activity.
Here are my "peeps:"
Easter - Owl in the Library
Ann - Ms Theophilus
Terri - Gifted and Talented Society
Beverly - 1-2-3 Get Organized
Tomorrow, an update on that puppy of ours.