Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lucky 7

My first "tagging!"  Thanks to Jen at Laughing at Chaos, who tagged me a few days ago as part of NaBloPoMo. Just a way to take a break from daily blogging for a month (say, in case I was at a meeting until 9:30pm last night and came home with no brain left, watching TV like a zombie instead of writing a new post) if necessary.

So here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here I go.
Sadly, I don't think I have 7 blogging friends yet to "tag."  Pathetic little ol' me, huh?  I've come up with 4. 
1. My first career was as a Public Defender.  Public Defense has daily surprises and gives one a multi-faceted skill set.  Interestingly, it prepared me for being a mother, though I didn't realize it at the time.  And my own kids don't smell like booze, which is a nice bonus.
2. In college, I skydived.  The summer after college, I ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.  Both times I couldn't get to a phone for a LONG time to call my parents and I nearly drove them to apoplexy waiting to know if I survived.  I'm guessing karma's going to give me a good "nip" with this one and my kids will do something, someday just as terrifying for THEIR Mommy.
3. I need to drive to places in a circle.  Instead of straight line to and from, I like to take two different routes to make a circle upon completion.  I'm kind of embarassed to admit this.
4. I really like the Wiggles, but I miss Greg.  Oddly, I'm proud to share this. 
5. I've seen Our Lady Peace in concert 9 times as of the end of last month.  Husband's seen them 11.  I really like Our Lady Peace.  Really.  Like.  Them. 
6.  I keep my Facebook account separate from this one.  I wonder how long this can last?
7. My new career is community volunteer (turned blogger, now).  It's extraordinarily hard for me to say no to a worthy (IMO) volunteer activity.

Here are my "peeps:"
Easter - Owl in the Library
Ann - Ms Theophilus
Terri - Gifted and Talented Society
Beverly - 1-2-3 Get Organized

Tomorrow, an update on that puppy of ours. 
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.