Friday, December 18, 2009

Dear So and So



Welcome to my second week of Dear So and So.  It's gonna be hard to reach the level of wit from last week, filled with the Christmas cheer and all, but let's try, shall we?  Then, when you're finished here, head over to 3 bedroombungalow to see what other fun and games abound today. 


Dear Missy's Goal of 23 books by 12/31 -

Hello, big mistake.  How are you?  Me?  Stressing over you.  Today is December 18th and by my math, that means I need to read almost three of you in THIRTEEN days to reach my goal.  I just started Dan Brown's new one.  What's it called?  Oh, yeah, "fast paced action novel about codes and trickery, with a little murder and mayhem thrown in."  Plus I'm slugging through "SuperFreakonomics" and can you say, "Super Freako Good?"  Well worth the read.

Signed,
The Little Engine Who Better Get'er Done!


Is tonight the night for you, my little full bodied girl? You play your cards right and it just might be.

Signed,
Nothing like wrapping Christmas presents with Little Vino to help a girl out


Dear That Puppy of ours, Lilly -

We've had you for 2 months tomorrow, my poofy wittle friend.  Lucky for you, I now no longer hate you love you very much.  I'm actually taking the sign that said "free to any home, just take her" out of our front yard looking forward to seeing you when we've been apart ALL NIGHT LONG now.  Thanks for that, by the way.  I really can't explain to you the importance of sleeping all night without howling.  Your continued stay at Casa Taj Mahal is proof of my gratitude to you.  One tip - let's stop eating hair whenever any of us lie on the floor, K?  

Signed,
Kisses, but not in the mouth - that's gross



Dear Formerly Elusive Sleep -

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for coming back to me.  I will never treat you poorly, take advantage of you, take you for granted, or scoff at your importance again.  If you promise, (PROMISE ME I SAY DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA??) not to leave me so unexpectedly again.  I know you SAY you left because Youngest had three molars coming in at once and because that puppy couldn't sleep through the night.  But I think you were testing my love for you.  And I do love you, I DO!  Let's talk about it a little more.  First let me get my soft pillow and blankie, my ugly yet effective wool socks, my flannel pants and my overly-large University of Dayton sweatshirt on, then we can talk a little more.  Ohhhhhh, yeah, that feels good, doesn't it?????

Signed,
Missy and sleep are having a moment (possibly even 7 hours of snooze time), she'll be back on Sunday with the Super Sunday Series

Ta-ta for now!

 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.