Monday, July 26, 2010

My Happiness Project -Time



It's Happiness Monday! I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book. Check out her website for more information. And buy the book! It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.


Do you consider time to be your friend or enemy?  I have times when it's my utter enemy - I get up extra early to get things accomplished and Youngest wakes up 20 minutes later, thus giving me no time.  Or lots and lots of time, hours upon hours, where I sit thinking about all of the things I planned to do that I can't do until much later. 

That kind of thinking makes me angry.  When I don't live in the moment, I get angry.  Makes it fairly obvious to say I should live in the moment, then, right?  It's hard though, we all know that!  How we "think ahead," which is necessary, but it causes us considerable grief in the moment and makes us not appreciate where we are right then. 

Sometimes, though, time is my friend.  Youngest slept 2.5 hours one day last week and Oldest spent the entire time creating her own personal "Pokemon handbook."  I had the full time to myself and was able to actually think, follow through and do some much needed planning that I hadn't been able to do for a couple of weeks.  It made me feel so happy.  I was able to live in the moment with the kiddies that afternoon because I'd been so productive in the hours before it.

Time.  Productivity.  Living in the moment.  Each one leads to the other.  If I have time, I can be productive.  If I'm productive, I can live in the moment.  And then feel happy. 

So on those days when it's no time and therefore no productivity, I still haven't figured out how to live in the moment.  Have you?





 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.