Monday, July 12, 2010

My Happiness Project - July = Pursue My Passions


It's Happiness Monday! I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book. Check out her website for more information. And buy the book! It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.


So waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in January when I planned the year of My Happiness Project, July was to be BOOK MONTH.  I couldn't wait for it, because one of my biggest passions in life is reading, as I've listed on here before, numerous times. 

I planned to buy and read books, catch up on the books lining my nightstand (my goal for the month was 5 - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in January I thought summer was perfect for leisurely reading with the kids).  More importantly I planned to do some things with the books I plan to write - I was finally going to start outlining them.  Or at least one of them.  And the books I've been neglecting were going to get some love - the family scrapbooks. 

Sigh.  Life changed between then and now and I've had to tailor this month.  I'm going to try to read 5 books still, but I have to table my plans to outline MY book(s).  This saddens me.  I have ideas, good ones (they're always best when viewed inside your own brain, aren't they?), but I have no time right now.  Maybe soon, or maybe I'll just have to continue to jot things into my book file on the computer when something really rears its head. 

And as for the family scrap books?  I really, really want to start working on them.  Maybe my first step will be to download that digital software I purchased in April.  Yep, can't start the digital scrapbooks until the software's in - even I know that.  Then see if I can carve out an hour a week for the rest of the summer.

What am I going to do to "buy happiness" this month?  I'm having my organizer come back and help me with my office.  It's the one place I've been LOATHE to tackle since I began doing the home re-org in February.  And it's yucky.  Unhelpful, time consuming and unattractive.  I've waved the white flag on doing it myself.  She comes tomorrow.  Hopefully we get some good work done.


What are you doing with the lazy days of July?  The halfway point of summer?  The time when summer's still pretty fun and we're not yet in that hard, hard part of August where it's TIME to go back to school (by the bickering and back to school shopping), but the calendar doesn't SAY it's time yet (because you still have 3 more weeks to go)?


Poor Missy.  I guess I'll head to the pool.  ;)
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.