Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Happiness Project - April is ME Month

It's Happiness Monday!  I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book.  Check out her website for more information.  And buy the book!  It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.  

April!  The month I've been waiting for - the all-about-me-it's-my-birthday month!  Which is a little laughable, because as I'll share in a couple of Mondays, it's SO not all about me starting very, very soon.  

I planned it, though, allllllllllllllllllll the way back in January, to be about ME and the things I love.

What?  What do you love, Missy?  I know you are sitting there, rapt, waiting to hear what my indulgences are.  Here we go:

  1. I'm getting a pedicure, facial and massage.  I normally do these things once a year and n-e-v-e-r in the same month.  That's way too frivolous and self-centered.  
  2. I'm trying one new restaurant and one old favorite.  One of my greatest pleasures in life is dining out (without kids) at a fancy-ish restaurant.  
  3. I'm doing dinner with girlfriends.  I'm letting too many friendships lapse because of being "too busy."  People I really care about and miss.  
  4. Making my bucket list.  I have a really old one, from the end of college.  Wonder how much it will change?
  5. I'm taking a nap each week this month.  
  6. I'm finally, finally, finally getting my laptop.  
  7. I'm treating myself to some new makeup.
  8. I THINK I'm going to build my blog sans blogger this month.  This may need to be re-thought in light of some recent developments, so we'll see.  
Gosh!  I feel elated and selfish at the same time looking back over this list.  I feel embarassed to actually put into writing that I'm spending a month indulging myself this much.  I feel like I should say, "no I'm kidding - I actually don't deserve this."  Because the truth is, like so many of us out there, I put myself last 95% of the time.  And most of the time, that's OK.   

So if YOU were to spend a month treating yourself to your favorite things, what would it consist of? And what do you think of my list?  Share with me.  
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.