Monday, May 24, 2010

My Happiness Project - The Lost Edition


It's Happiness Monday! I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book. Check out her website for more information. And buy the book! It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.



Today is an interesting day.  Last night, as millions of people know, was the Series Finale of Lost.  And it was thrilling, it was everything I'd hoped it would be, it was awesome.  But it was hugely disappointing too, though not in the sense that I didn't get answers or feel "ripped off." 

In the sense that I'm floundering today, thinking about how sad it is that Lost is no more from today forward.  Why does this make me so sad?

Because Lost was a mystery I could enjoy.  It was one that was thrilling in its distance from my own life.  It was a way to appreciate something without having to be the one coming up with the answers.  It was safe. 

We all have mysteries in our lives.  Some of them are quite difficult to solve and there's no clear answer.  Solving some carry a huge amount of responsibility.  Some solutions we pick may not be shown as the "right" solution for many years to come.  It's the old "hindsight is 20/20" maxim, right?  Some answers that seem good now, may end up looking colossally bad in the future.  Some painful solutions now that people are unhappy about may prove to have been the right, correct way to go - but not show that for awhile. 

We all have mysteries.  Lost was a big, big mystery for me that helped take away some of the challenges of my own myteries.  And I will miss it for that. 

 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.