Monday, May 10, 2010

My Happiness Project - the Hangover

It's Happiness Monday! I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book. Check out her website for more information. And buy the book! It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.


I have a hangover today.  It's a happiness hangover. 

We got back from our little adventure yesterday.  You know, traveling 2000 miles to see a band?  In a word (and this is normally a word that I hate b/c it gets overused to the point of no longer having meaning) -

IT WAS AMAZING. 

I will be boring you with the details all week.  Our impressions of Canada, what it was like to spend lengthy, quality time with Husband, the concerts, bungee jumping (yes, I have a video I will post). 

But I missed my kids.  SO.  MUCH. 

I won't pretend the first 2 days weren't spent giddily enjoying the adult time.  For example, flying on an airplane with only my own self to care for was wonderful. 

But by the time I woke up Saturday morning, I was aching for them.  I read a newspaper article (YES!  We actually lingered over the paper in the mornings) about a dying mother and the steps she'd taken to properly say goodbye to her children and sat bawling in McDonald's. 

It's the juxtaposition of happiness that Gretchen talks about in the book - sometimes things that make certain parts of you really happy, make other parts of you unhappy. 

So today I recover from the happiness hangover.  The rest of the week?  Details.
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.