Monday, August 2, 2010

Happiness and a Maniacal Monday

                                                       


It's Happiness Monday! I love My Happiness Project, where I decided to spend a year "finding" happiness with the help of Gretchen Rubin and her awesome book. Check out her website for more information. And buy the book! It's never too late to start your own Happiness Project.


It all started last night with the kids talking me into a state of exhaustion.  Then I stayed up later than I should, stuck on the phone for close to an hour, then trying to make up for that by staying up late to prepare my environment for the week.  Then I slept later than I should (7:15am).  Then the moment I got downstairs to take out the whining puppy, I hear this:  "Cry, cry, cry.  Mommy, I need to come out.  Cry, cry, cry."

Then the next thing I know, they're BOTH downstairs by 7:45 - at least an hour earlier than they have been this summer.  Uh, hello?  Still on summer time, anyone?  I am. 

And for an hour, it all went downhill from there.  You know.  Everytime I turn to my oatmeal, something gets spilled, someone yells, someone hits someone, someone's crying AGAIN.  I threaten things like sending them back to bed until they wake up "more rested and ready to take on the day." 

Isn't it amazing how LONG 60 minutes can seem sometimes?  Interminable.  Endless. 

And then, breakfast ends and everyone evens out.  And the day, thankfully, turns out good. 

Do you ever have those mornings that challenge your happiness, make you feel PISSED from the moment it starts?  How do you break out of it when it happens?  Today, it was a combination of luck and attitude.  Attitude is everything.
 
Copyright Notice: © 2010 Gifts 2 Love | All content — including, but not limited to, the "Super Sunday Series" — are the sole property of this blog's author. | Refer to Creative Commons License below for reproduction allowances. All Rights Reserved. | Contact me at msbed[at]gmail.com for article writing, advertising opportunities and/or promotion requests. | Licensing Notice: Creative Commons License | This work by http://gifts2love.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution | Non-Commercial | Share Alike 3.0 United States License.