- Art Class ($100 for the week)
- Birthday Party attendance
- Being allowed to do 30 minutes of computer before cleaning her room
- Playing in her room before cleaning it
- Getting some rare help cleaning her room
- Complained about making sure she got her "prizes" at the birthday party
- Saying "You always get more time than me on the computer, I never get enough" after 30 minutes of computer time.
- Complained about wanting me to buy her TOKENS from a certain website so that she could buy VIRTUAL JUNK for the characters on the website. Seriously? Websites make money off of that?
- While I was helping her clean her room, I pointed out a board game that was still open with all of the pieces and parts out for her to put away next. Her response? "Why do I ALWAYS have to be the one cleaning up my room?"
- No TV - 2 full days
- No Dessert - 2 full days (neither of these are directly related, I was just pissed enough that I wanted to send a stong message, if #s 3 and 4 aren't enough)
- No Computer - until school starts - which is 7 days from now
- Clean up room daily, rather than twice weekly until school starts
My extreme reaction (not the grounding, but the ranting that I did before I calmed down enough to JUST ADMINISTER THE DISCIPLINE) is what makes me sad about summer ending. We have had such a great summer, truly awesome. Can't say enough about it. And I don't want to spend this week:
- Wishing it were OVER ALREADY. I love my kids. I am going to miss them when they go back.
- Being mad at them for being kids because my choices have made me too busy to sit down and breathe with them in these final days.
- Having a 7 year old grounded from TV and computer! Those were going to help me glide my way through these busy days while waiting for school to start!
And for a couple of days, I really, really debate just giving them all away. Then the gounding ends and I say "Thank goodness TV is back." Until the next time when I can think about really getting rid of them a little more. :)